We all love a good Halloween movie and we obviously all love wine (that’s why you’re reading this, right?). Why not put the two together? Every movie’s vibe typically pairs well with a specific type of wine. It’s easy to match and a fun way to impress your friends throughout October.
Pairing your wine with your favorite Halloween movies
Pairing your movie with your wine is much simpler than it seems. Here’s how we calculate which movies sit well with each wine:
🍷Light, white wines or rosés go well with those classic family movies
🍷Medium bodied white wine are for the semi-thrillers
🍷Full bodied reds are for the real thrillers
🍷Dark reds are saved for the terrifying movies that creep up in your nightmares
As you can see, the scarier the film, the darker you want to go on your wine selection.
Halloween movie pairing recommendations
There are plenty of movies out there for you to pair a good wine with. With this list, we hope we get your wine gears going.
- Hocus Pocus – A classic family film that you cannot go the season without watching,or seeing memes on social media. For this film, we recommend a Chardonnay.
- Poltergeist – A movie that was strange for it’s time, yet continues to still creep people out. To get through the movie, you’ll need a high-alcohol wine, such as a Zinfandel.
- IT – You can try to hide, but you probably will see Pennywise on the TV in October at some point. To get through the clown madness, we suggest a Tempranillo.
- Halloween – You know you can’t go an October without watching at least one of the Hallloween movies. For this classic, bring out a Cabernet Sauvignon.
- Beetlejuice – Jumping in the line is much easier when you have a good bottle by your side. The bottle we recommend is something in the Pinot Noir family.
- Psycho – An iconic movie deserves a bold wine. Drink a bottle of Barolo with this movie and see what happens.
- It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown – Chances are, your mom made you watch this with her and now you continue to watch it every year because of its charm and nostalgia. Pop open a Moscato and enjoy your childhood once more.
Raise a glass to Halloween and Wine!
We hope we gave you some inspiration for this October. See what wines go well with your favorite Halloween movie and tag us on social media to let us know how it goes! And if you’re stuck on which wines to pick, let us help you with our monthly wine membership that promises only treats, no tricks! To stay on theme? And you can use this in a future blog. Up to you!